Happy New Year. At CityKidz Regina, 2019 is the year of growth. What does that mean? Trusting in God and stepping out in faith. Our 2019 vision is to impact 150 children and 20 youth on a weekly basis, up from our current roster of 125 children and youth. We are also looking to move back to weekly programming for both CityKidz and CityYouth.
To do this we need your help… want to be part of building boys and girls, part of letting just one child know there is a plan for their life, part of breaking the cycle of poverty. Come out to the Information Session and see where you can impact the life of one child. “Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”….Mother Theresa. Impacting the life of one child to take the road of success, rather than the road of drugs, gangs, addictions… which continues to lead to poverty, you are investing in the future of your community, city, province, country….
At CityKidz we are here to increase resiliency and inspire BIG Dreams!!!!
There are many areas to get involved….from connecting with a child during home visits or at the Saturday or Thursday programming events to assisting with planning fundraising events. As part of the year of growth, CityKidz is looking at adding a 2nd major fundraising event. We are looking for volunteers to join both committees – live telethon to be held in September and our 10th Annual Banquet in November.
Here are a few of the areas we are looking to fill for March 2019:
- Youth Leader – develop biweekly activities, games, and devotions for youth; mentor youth in volunteer roles on Saturday
- Youth Mentors – assist leader at Thursday CityYouth Group
- Home Visits Mentors – join a home visit team and get to know the participant and their families on a more personal level
- Saturday volunteers – there are many roles to be complete on Saturday from bus mentors to theatre crowd control
- Fundraising Committees – 1st Annual Live Telethon sponsored in part by Access Communications & Rotary Regina South; 10th Annual Big Dreams Banquet
- Many more….
Unable to join us at the Information Session on February 23rd, contact Donna @ 306- 529-8656 (text or call); email@example.com. We can arrange to meet with you over coffee; at your home with a group of family and friends; as an office presentation; or at your Church’s Small Group gathering.