Think you would make a great CityKidz Board Member? Wonderful!
If you’re new to CityKidz, we encourage you to spend time exploring our website and learning as much as you can about who we are and what we do.
Becoming a member of the Board of Directors is an awesome opportunity as well as an important responsibility. Each member is a committed supporter and ambassador of the mission and vision of CityKidz and works hard to see its objectives completed. CityKidz’ Board plays a vital role in determining the success of the mission through strong governance, oversight and strategic direction.
Most of us have busy lives and you’ll want to make sure you have the it takes to be a great board member.
Board meetings are held once each quarter, typically on a weekday evening from 6:30-8:30pm, as well as a full day retreat each January.
Each board member is required to contribute to a subcommittee, based on their interest, skills and knowledge. Subcommittees typically connect monthly via meetings, phone calls or email and prepare reports as necessary.
As part of the advocacy role, board members are encouraged to participate in 2-3 CityKidz events throughout the year.
Here are the expectations you should plan for:
- Attend all quarterly meetings and subcommittee meetings fully prepared
- Work as a team member and support board decisions and objectives
- Participate in the review of the mission and the development of the strategic plan
- Approve budgets and monitor financial performance
- Abide by the by-laws and other policies that apply to the board
- Participate in 2-3 CityKidz events to represent the board and better understand the operations
- Participate in the recruitment of new board members
- Participate in a subcommittee of the board (Executive, Governance, Audit or Human Resources)
- Attend and participate in the Annual General Meeting and yearly retreat in January
- Keep informed about community issues relevant to the mission and objectives of CityKidz
Here are some of the skills we’re looking for:
- Previous experience on a non-profit Board of Directors and experience working with volunteer committees
- Knowledge and skills in one of more areas of board governance: policy, finance, programs, leadership, strategic planning or human resources
Interested in applying? Please fill out this form:
Volunteers Transform Lives
Whatever your time, whatever your talents, you can make a transformative difference in a child’s life.
I would like to receive email updates from CityKidz.
Inspire Big Dreams
Help us build strong foundations of faith, hope and love into children’s lives and watch them thrive.