We’re always looking for new talent to help move our mission forward.
Work that Transforms Lives
We believe that every child matters and every child counts. We hold to the conviction that our actions, no matter how small, make a difference for today and for eternity. We believe we can transform our community, our nation, and our world, one child at a time.
We are people of faith, a community of hope and servants of love. We value all people and aspire to build deep relationships. We are passionate, committed and driven. Our dreams are limitless and we pursue them with excellence.
A Culture of Caring
CityKidz aspires to nurture a safe, open and caring work environment where staff have the support and resources they need to succeed. Our staff are our community, and, like our children, we want them to thrive. This means supporting and celebrating one another.
We cheer on accomplishments. We make space for talent to grow. We take time for rest. We pour faith, hope and love into one another so that we can go out and shine these gifts into our community.
Benefits & Perks at CityKidz
We know you can’t pour from an empty cup. We make sure our employees have the things they need to be rested, healthy and happy so that they can put their best self forward.
Group Health Insurance
We want you to feel your best and provide a comprehensive insurance plan that includes dental and optometry.
In addition to starting with 2 weeks’ vacation, you’ll have the option to “buy” an extra week. Stay with us for 5+ years and your paid vacation time will grow.
35-Hour Work Week
We don’t want work to be your life. Take an hour for lunch, but don’t take work home with you.
You need time to celebrate. Easter and Thanksgiving are 4-day weekends at CityKidz, and our office is closed Christmas to New Year’s.
Annual Staff Retreat
Every January, we like to get away from it all to have some fun and plan for the year to ahead.
Paid Time Off
Every year you’ll get to take your birthday and a personal day off with pay.
We like to honour each others’ milestones (from anniversaries to baby showers) with lunches, treats, and celebrations with our teams.
Paid Sick Days
When you’re not feeling well, we want you to take the time you need to heal. We give our employees 5 paid sick days each year.
We encourage learning and development. We offer financial support up to 50% of tuition costs for approved courses.
* Some benefits and perks are only available to full-time, permanent employees.
Are you looking for an opportunity to support a dynamic organization and make a difference? CityKidz is seeking a positive, energetic and confident individual with a passion for developing and maintaining relationships with supporters and raising money to help achieve our mission. The ideal candidate is one who thrives in a team environment and also has the ability to work independently.
In Canada, more than 1 in 7 children live in poverty: in Hamilton, it’s 1 in 4. For generations, poverty has stolen dreams and destroyed futures. At CityKidz, we think it’s time to change that, and we’re looking for committed people who will work with us to help kids dream big dreams and reach their full potential. CityKidz is a non-profit, Christian organization dedicated to increasing resiliency and inspiring big dreams for Canadian children living in low-income communities by providing inspirational experiences and nurturing personal relationships, one child at a time.
Reporting to the Marketing & Communications Manager, the Supporter Engagement Specialist will oversee a caseload of mid-level donors.
To raise funds for CityKidz programs by managing a caseload of assigned, qualified donors, assuring that as many as possible are retained as continuing donors to the organization and are upgraded in their giving and involvement.
- Conduct a qualification process of mid-level donors.
- Employ a combination of one-to-one and one-to-some approaches to cultivate relationships with qualified mid-level donors, including sustainer givers, church partners, third party fundraisers, and Gift of Christmas toy drive organizers.
- Communicate with mid-level donors by phone, email, and mail to establish the donor’s needs relative to the programs, projects, and mission of the organization.
- Solicit and close gifts from mid-level donors by updating, appreciating, and asking mid-level donors to deepen their financial partnership.
Research, identify, and promote hand-off of high-capacity donors to the appropriate MGO.
Maintain mid-level donor files by recording touches, moves, interactions, asks, and other entries.
- Produce and maintain tracking reports for Mid-Level Giving which accurately reflect activity and performance.
- Represent CityKidz at community networking events to increase brand awareness and connect with prospective supporters.
- Ensure fundraisers adhere to CityKidz Third Party Fundraising Policies by connecting with organizers to provide fundraising tool kit, brochures, and logos.
- Attend Gift of Christmas Committee meetings to provide input on toy intake procedures and updates regarding toy drives.
Qualifications and Demonstrated Skills:
- Comfortable working in a faith-based organization.
- Completion of a CFRE-accredited fundraising course or equivalent work experience.
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) designation an asset, but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant college diploma preferred.
- At least one year of fundraising work or transferrable experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Strong phone skills – warm tone, good speaking cadence, clear and articulate speech.
- Comfortable engaging with the general public, giving tours, public speaking, and attending community events.
- Demonstrated team player with a donor centered attitude and a high level of integrity.
- Strong problem solving, training, and personal management skills. Must have initiative and the ability to follow through with little direct supervision.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs and donor databases.
- Strong passion for the mission of CityKidz.
What We Provide:
- Training and certification for successfully managing a mid-level caseload.
- Opportunity for advancement.
- Hybrid Work Environment with the opportunity to work remote.
- A unique work experience which provides self-satisfaction and the opportunity to match a donor’s specific passions and interests to the needs of the organization.
- An opportunity to be part of a dynamic team where you will be able to develop your skills and increase your knowledge of the profession.
- A competitive compensation package including benefits.
CityKidz is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive barrier free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the hiring manager to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated through this process.
Thank you for your interest in CityKidz and please note that only successful candidates will be contacted. For more information about CityKidz please visit www.citykidz.ca
Volunteers Transform Lives
Whatever your time, whatever your talents, you can make a transformative difference in a child’s life.
I would like to receive email updates from CityKidz.
Inspire Big Dreams
Help us build strong foundations of faith, hope and love into children’s lives and watch them thrive.